Since 1940, “The Block” has been famous for the quantity and quality of its Delaware and Maryland fresh produce. It is one of the oldest and best established produce auction markets on the East Coast.
The market operates from mid-June to mid-October on Wednesday and Friday. Between July 4th and Labor Day the market is open six days a week, Monday through Saturday, with all auctions beginning at 9am. We are busiest during the Delaware-Maryland watermelon harvest, when about over 2 million watermelons are sold to buyers large and small from all over the East Coast and Canada. We also handle cantaloupes, tomatoes, pumpkins, peppers, cucumbers, and many other types of produce as well as flowers.
We sell produce in quantities from a box to a tractor trailer loads. You don’t need a broker and there’s no fee for buying. Payment can be cash, approved check, or VISA/MasterCard. We also have annually inspected truck scales on site.
We now have an order buyer on site. Please contact the office for more information.
Why Choose Us?
- Produce is offered in varied quantities – from box lots to tractor trailer loads.
- Freshly harvested produce is available at all our auctions.
- Have a produce stand? Come to the market to buy everything you need to keep your customers happy and satisfied.
- No broker is needed – buy your own produce directly.
- There is no fee for buying.
- The auction is easy to reach – we are located on a major highway and only a short distance from many major markets.
- We are in operation six days a week from July 4th through Labor Day.
- Our friendly and courteous staff are willing to offer any needed assistance.
- Get all your produce needs directly from the market for those summer reunions, gatherings, and cookouts.
- Payment can be made by cash, approved check, and VISA/MasterCard.